How to get rid of sticker from LCD screen?

Ronald Sterijuanna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2015
I bought a LCD tv for cheap few days ago. However there is a nasty sticker on the top right corner of the screen that won't just get off. I've tried with my fingernails and water but it's too stubborn. I know, that's what I was supposed to get for buying cheap product, but is there any easy way I can rid of it completely without damaging the screen or wasting numerous hours?

Solution
Adding to what Skybill40 mentioned I would say if the sticker is on the hard plastic BEZEL, warm to hot water repetitive impregnation coupled with some peeling or soft rubbing tool (not sharp) would do the trick, but you might have to make multiple careful ( not to leave scratches or marks) passes to get the remainder of the glue.
Is the screen itself glass or plastic? Get off as much as you possibly can by hand before resorting to any additional means. You may be able to put a bit of rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip or cotton swab to carefully work the area where the stubborn stickiness remains; however, I would only do that as a last resort since there could be a potential for damage to the screen depending on the material.

Ronald Sterijuanna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2015

thanks for your input. The screen is plastic! Would've been much easier if it was glass, I know

R0GG

Distinguished
Adding to what Skybill40 mentioned I would say if the sticker is on the hard plastic BEZEL, warm to hot water repetitive impregnation coupled with some peeling or soft rubbing tool (not sharp) would do the trick, but you might have to make multiple careful ( not to leave scratches or marks) passes to get the remainder of the glue.

Solution