[SOLVED] how to get sound on TV?

Nov 11, 2019
connected by surface book to my TV , but using a miniDP to hdmi converter...does that mean I won't get sound to my TV this way?

Nov 11, 2019
have my surface book conntected to my TV via miniDP to hdmi converter...im trting to get sound on my TV instead of it coming from the laptop speakers (cause my TV is connected to a soundbar which has better sound of course)

is this possible?

Nov 11, 2019
its not working...its saying that its being used my another application

my set up is...surface book to TV via miniDP to hdmi....TV is connected to sound bar via another hdmi cable

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
its not working...its saying that its being used my another application

my set up is...surface book to TV via miniDP to hdmi....TV is connected to sound bar via another hdmi cable
I basically use an identical setup with a surface pro. For me sound does work, but perhaps you need to change the sound device being used? So when you click on the sound icon in the taskbar, does it give you the option of both the realtek speakers, and the tv?

Nov 11, 2019
it does ...I tried using both but I'm not getting any sound with either option.,..only time. Igor sound when I was playing a movie and that was with the laptop speakers as the default device

Nov 11, 2019
sorry confused....my surface book doesnt have an hdmi port? or you meant use the miniDP to hdmi adapter to connect to the soundbar?

when i go to "sound" in windows 10, i do see the laptop speaks and LG TV as options

boju

Titan
Ambassador
sorry confused....my surface book doesnt have an hdmi port? or you meant use the miniDP to hdmi adapter to connect to the soundbar?

when i go to "sound" in windows 10, i do see the laptop speaks and LG TV as options

Yes use the cable youre using to connect to soundbar.

The soundbar definitely works yeah? Can hear normal TV through it? What about the TV's own speaker volume?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/102323-change-default-audio-playback-device-windows-10-a.html

Nov 11, 2019
ya TV speakers work....then i set up the sound bar....and that works, too

just trying to figure out how to get the sound from the laptop to be outputted to to the soundbar

im using a set up box and that works fine with the sound bar....the set up box is connected to the TV via hdmi 1....soundbar connected to TV via hdmi 2 (arc)...and laptop to TV viai hdmi 3

Nov 11, 2019
when i try to "test" either speaker (ie LG TV or laptop speakers) via windows 10 (via the "sound" funciton in the control panel)....i get the same error message....application is being used by another