how to get to advance bios options on compaq presario cq57

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobL3

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
i have read several forums under this site and I have yet to find the answer that I seek. My daughter's laptop stopped booting up about 6 months ago I have been trying to get information about how to re-install windows 7 home prem OA. I have received error messages about the disk not being able to be installed to and about the bios controller not being set. This laptop doesn't have the option to set the bios as far as I can see. Any help would be appreciated.

RobL3

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I have managed to get it to repair but I'm stuck right now. I am at the recovery options page and I don't know what drivers to use to get windows 7 to recognize any of the drivers. Any help would be appricated

DouglasLourey

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012
This is very frustrating. I am working on a HP Compaq Presario CQ56 for a friend and cannot access advanced BIOS settings. It appears that the BIOS is married to the original hard disk drive and cannot be accessed without it. Even with the original drive installed, I cannot find HOW to access these settings. My objective is to replace the hdd and reinstall the original operating system from scratch (Windows 7 Home Premium) which I have the iso file installed on a USB flash drive. BIOS settings need to be changed to boot from the USB flash to begin installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.