Aug 9, 2019
I just stumbled onto a Dell Xeon 5670 T7500 for around 50.00 USD. Is there any way to beef up this system? I already put a GTX 1660 ti in it.

Solution
Honestly that is still do this day a pretty beefy little workbench besides a GPU (which you have already done) there is not much you can do realistically. You already have the top of the line CPU for that socket and a ton of ram maybe just add an ssd?
Honestly that is still do this day a pretty beefy little workbench besides a GPU (which you have already done) there is not much you can do realistically. You already have the top of the line CPU for that socket and a ton of ram maybe just add an ssd?

Solution
Aug 9, 2019

Sorry forgot to list Specs.
SSD: Sandisk SSD Ultra 3D 500GB
CPU: Xeon 5670
Cooler: Stock
RAM: 12 GB ECC 1.8GHZ Memory
GPU: 1660 ti

So like you said. I'm guessing that realistically besides adding more RAM and the SSD. There is really nothing more I can do. Got it.

Aug 9, 2019
There are 6 core X5680, X5690, and 4 core X5687 cpus that are faster. The memory controller is on the CPU so 1333 will be your RAM speed. Be sure and stay with 3 channel RAM setups. You could add a 2nd CPU if you want to.

Where would I do that? It seems this dell precision has the power, but not the socket for another CPU.