How to increase datastorage on N2200

BAMG

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I have a problem I can't figure out. I have a Thecus N2200 installed 2x 1TB disks in Raid 1. I wanted to upgrade to 2x 3TB, not possible. Took out 1x1TB, other disk degraided, put in 1x 3 TB, rebuild Raid 1 with share option, got 2TB out of 3TB, took out 1x 1TB, raid degraided, put in other 3TB, got again 2 TB on 3 TB disk, rebuild raid1, got healthy 4TB total, still <1TB raid1 of datastorage. So my question is: how can I increase to max datastorage raid1, 2 TB(I loose 2TB of storage on 2x 3TB I know) anyone?

Since the manual only describes how to expand an iSCSI volume, this seems to be not supported. I can see, that the tab in the memory management / edit is missing (compared to my N7700). Quick solution: Buy an USB case for one of the old 1TB disks, copy everything to it and recreate the raid.

Well, i think the N2200 has a build-in backup to usb disks. You can try this. My preferd solution is, to attach the disk to a PC and copy the entire data via the pc. The advantage is, that you can see the result. Depending on the network and the PC and the average file size (many small files take longer), that should take 1-2 hours.

BAMG

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Noidea_77, set up: NAS2200 to 100MBSwitch to PC(DuoCore) to E-sataconnection 1TB. Tranfer with Teracopy Pro at average speed of 8 MB/s, will take 1,5 days.
Is a connection Nas2200 directly to PC possible USB or ETH and faster?

A direct ethernet connection from N2200 to your PC should be faster. You only need to set fixed IP adresse on the NAS and your PC for that.

BAMG

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Noidea_77, I am at 36,7% now, so this would be a waist to "start" all over. There will be a possiblity to try that in copiing back though. Would be interesting to see the difference in speed under the "same" circumstances. For everyone who is interrested too. I will keep you posted in 18 hrs.

BAMG

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Noidea_77, btw I tried the back_up in Thecus itself and it has only copy possiblities to IP-adres, the "Thecus Smart Utility" program can copy disk to disk, but like you said, no control. Copiing through MS-explorer can cancel the proces of coppiing when errors occur. TeraCopy keeps track and starts next on errors.

BAMG

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Noidea_77, sorry took a while to finalize. Put in Raid 0. Have 4 TB now instead of 2 under Raid 1.
Copiing PC to PC didn't work, no control. So I quit that. Copied everything back the same way, took 1 day 3:40:48.
Thanks for advising me, was reassuring and helpfull.