[SOLVED] How to increase VRAM

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Hi, I was wondering how can I increase my VRAM. Currently, my VRAM is at 128, but I want to increase it to 256. I have 8GB of RAM installed on my PC.

However, when I tried to change my VRAM from the regedit, I couldn't because the shared memory was taking up most of it. Is there a way I can increase the Total Shared Memory so I can increase the VRAM?

I'm using an Intel. Please reply fast!

Solution
What is the exact purpose for which you're doing this?

It won't actually do much for performance or even actually increase the RAM an integrated GPU has access to, because your Intel HD is already using the RAM it actually needs. The main purpose of doing this isn't performance-based, but to be able to run software, especially games, that have hard-coded minimums for the amount of RAM that it "sees."

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What is the exact purpose for which you're doing this?

It won't actually do much for performance or even actually increase the RAM an integrated GPU has access to, because your Intel HD is already using the RAM it actually needs. The main purpose of doing this isn't performance-based, but to be able to run software, especially games, that have hard-coded minimums for the amount of RAM that it "sees."

Solution