How to install 64bit windows on 32 bit os

Aug 30, 2015
The laptop i own is a 64 bit but there is 32 bit windows installed. I wanna shift to a 64 bit windows 10. I know i have to do a clean install, but he thing is that i have read many articles regarding creating a bootable usb, tried lot of software but none of them worked. Is there any way so that i manually run the setup on my os like normally. Plzz help

Solution
Your best solution is to make a bootable drive to install from. I have a few questions
1) Do you have a complete backup of your data, so that you will not lose it? If not, make one.
2) Do you have a system backup so that, if the install fails, you can fall back to your previous state? If not, make one.
3) What version of Windows are you running (7 pro, 8.1 home, ...)? Are you trying to install the same version?
4) Where are you getting the software distribution to install the 64-bit version?
5) What problem are you having making the media, or does the media simply not boot?
6) What make and model of PC do you have? What OS did it originally run?

Thank you.
Your best solution is to make a bootable drive to install from. I have a few questions
1) Do you have a complete backup of your data, so that you will not lose it? If not, make one.
2) Do you have a system backup so that, if the install fails, you can fall back to your previous state? If not, make one.
3) What version of Windows are you running (7 pro, 8.1 home, ...)? Are you trying to install the same version?
4) Where are you getting the software distribution to install the 64-bit version?
5) What problem are you having making the media, or does the media simply not boot?
6) What make and model of PC do you have? What OS did it originally run?

Thank you.

Solution

Crixilian

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2015
your installed windows is windows 10 32 bit?

if so, you just have to reinstall windows 10 64 bit and use the 32 bit product key

if you are using windows 8.1 or older 32 bit but you are want to upgrade it to windows 10 64 bit,then you have to install windows 8.1 or 7 64 bit then upgrade it, unless buy a new windows 10

Aug 30, 2015
I have created a bootable media and it runs perfectly, but a new problem arises now. When I select the partition in which i want to install windows it say its is of mbr type and it must be gpt. I have two partitions( 1st of 50 gb and 2nd of 416gb). I want to install it on the first one which is of 50gb so that my 2nd partition left untouched and my data remain save ISN'T IT!!!
I tried to convert it through aomei but it says if disk gets converted to gpt type then system wouldn't able to run 32bit windows.
What to do now????????????
I dont have enough external storage space to backup my data. It is of around 100 gb.
Laptop specs:
Processor- intel core i3 2.3 ghz
grpahics- Intel hd graphics 3000
ram- 6gb (2gb + 4gb:upgraded)
os- Windows 10 32 bit build 10240