Question How to know if RAM is Compatible even from different manufacturer?

Jan 4, 2022
Hi, recently I was thinking about doing RAM upgrade, so I look it up on Google and found out that to do the upgrade, the RAM must be the exact same. Currently my laptop has a single channel with Micron RAM attached, can I use other RAM brand as the dual channel (micron , kingston or vgen) or i need to match the RAM by manufacturer (micron , micron)? Or the exact RAM I Found actually meant the size and the mhz of the ram?

I also found in CPU Z that the current RAM stick I use right now came from Micron Technology (Module Manuf and DRAM Manuf). I look on some reviews from Kingston RAM and turns out it's DRAM Manufacturer is Micron Tech which is the same with my current RAM stick in my laptop. The only difference is that the module manufacturer came from Kingston. If I use both of this ram, will it work together? will it cause problem in the laptop?
Slot 1: DRAM MANUFACTURER: MICRON TECH, MODULE MANUFACTURER: MICRON TECH
Slot 2: DRAM MANUFACTURER: MICRON TECH, MODULE MANUFACTURER: Kingston

(both with the same mhz)
pls help I'm new to this and insecure about upgrading but I need to do it

RAM SPECS

Jan 2, 2022
Hi, recently I was thinking about doing RAM upgrade, so I look it up on Google and found out that to do the upgrade, the RAM must be the exact same. Currently my laptop has a single channel with Micron RAM attached, can I use other RAM brand as the dual channel (micron , kingston or vgen) or i need to match the RAM by manufacturer (micron , micron)? Or the exact RAM I Found actually meant the size and the mhz of the ram?

I also found in CPU Z that the current RAM stick I use right now came from Micron Technology (Module Manuf and DRAM Manuf). I look on some reviews from Kingston RAM and turns out it's DRAM Manufacturer is Micron Tech which is the same with my current RAM stick in my laptop. The only difference is that the module manufacturer came from Kingston. If I use both of this ram, will it work together? will it cause problem in the laptop?

(both with the same mhz)

RAM SPECS
as such you can use any ram with any ram that is samsung with corsair, tforce with thermaltake anything. also if you have two rams with different frequencies, then the one with lower frequency will be worked and the higher frequency will work at lower ones frequency

(both with the same mhz)

RAM SPECS
Go here and run the scanner.
Look for a 8GB@2666 stick.

Jan 4, 2022
as such you can use any ram with any ram that is samsung with corsair, tforce with thermaltake anything. also if you have two rams with different frequencies, then the one with lower frequency will be worked and the higher frequency will work at lower ones frequency
So ram manufacturers brand doesnt really matter?