Question How to know that My motherboard support Secure Boot?

Jun 28, 2021
Currently, I have Legacy Bios. Soon, I expect to switch to UEFI. My objective is to turn on Secure Boot. (To mess up with Windows 11. I only want to turn on Secure Boot to meet the requirements). But it is good to check my motherboard supports Secure Boot. My motherboard is Gigabyte Gaming B8-CF.

to enable secure boot, u need to have UEFI with CSM compatibility mode disabled, boot drive has to be formatted in GPT partition(s), windows has to be installed with secure boot set to enabled during windows install
only then you have secure boot enabled
well u will know that once you start installing it, if something is missing, windows setup will tell you

Jun 28, 2021
to enable secure boot, u need to have UEFI with CSM compatibility mode disabled, boot drive has to be formatted in GPT partition(s), windows has to be installed with secure boot set to enabled during windows install
only then you have secure boot enabled
well u will know that once you start installing it, if something is missing, windows setup will tell you

Can't I switch to UEFI without reinstalling Windows?

Oct 28, 2021
Can't I switch to UEFI without reinstalling Windows?

Yes, you need to convert your drive from MBR to GPT. Just google it and it will tell you how! Then make sure UEFI and not Legacy is setup in the BIOS when you boot after making the change, MBR works with both and GPT does not. GPT is required for Windows 11 secure boot.