[SOLVED] How to know the release date of Tp-link Routers?

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
I have been using a old model of tp-link router over some years and now i want to upgrade to a latest one but here the problem occurs.
I can't find the release date of any tp-link router by googling or even from the tp-link website.

So, Because of not knowing the release date, I can't indetify which is the latest one and which is old one !

Question:
Is there any way to find the release date of the tp-link routers?

Solution
If it was only that easy. TPLINK is one of the worst offenders of making major changes to equipment but keeping the same name on the box.

Now many times they actually print the revision number on the UPC on the box or on a sticker on the back of the router.

Trying to buy this online is a massive issue because of this.

Now if you want the the actual release date you might find it on this site. This is like many wiki type things where you get lots of people collecting data. Some devices there is a lot and others there is very little. Some have dates and other do not. Many times you can see the date they got the approval from the FCC even though that tends to be much before the product was actually sold...
If it was only that easy. TPLINK is one of the worst offenders of making major changes to equipment but keeping the same name on the box.

Now many times they actually print the revision number on the UPC on the box or on a sticker on the back of the router.

Now if you want the the actual release date you might find it on this site. This is like many wiki type things where you get lots of people collecting data. Some devices there is a lot and others there is very little. Some have dates and other do not. Many times you can see the date they got the approval from the FCC even though that tends to be much before the product was actually sold.

http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Solution

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020

Now if you want the the actual release date you might find it on this site. This is like many wiki type things where you get lots of people collecting data. Some devices there is a lot and others there is very little. Some have dates and other do not. Many times you can see the date they got the approval from the FCC even though that tends to be much before the product was actually sold.

http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
thanx...