Question How to make a shortcut, that runs a programme with a specific set of cores?

allardtimmermans

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Hey guys
Im trying to create a shortcut, that will enable me to start a programme with only 8 cores in stead of the full 16 that my Threadripper 2950 has...

I know I can set the processir affinity thbough the task manager. I can choose the amount of core to use with a programme there... But.. i want this to be permantly for this programme, so I dont have to do this everything manually...

I made this command line that works:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /High /affinity 0F "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender-2.80.0-git.cd92f8ea4626-windows64\blender.exe"

This works..but the "/affinity 0F" part is selecting only 4 cores. But 0F stands for 4 cores... I got this from a list that I found on google

And im looking for the code for 8 cores of 10 cores maybe.

Can anybody tell me where I can find what 'code' I need to use to set 8 cores?

allardtimmermans

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Thank you for your reply TerryLaze

So i downloaded the programme... but im stil unclear on how to set it for just that programme.. How can I tell Coreprio to just limit the cores for Blender.exe? And what should I enter at'software thread count if I want to use..lets say... 8 cores for this programme?

thanks!

Coreprio is for general it limits everything,I only posted it because it easily shows you the "code" you asked for.
Just select the first (or last) 8 cores and at point 3 it will show you the code you need to use in your shortcut.