Question How to make a shortcut, that runs a programme with a specific set of cores?

allardtimmermans

Reputable
Dec 3, 2017
Hey guys
Im trying to create a shortcut, that will enable me to start a programme with only 8 cores in stead of the full 16 that my Threadripper 2950 has...

I know I can set the processir affinity thbough the task manager. I can choose the amount of core to use with a programme there... But.. i want this to be permantly for this programme, so I dont have to do this everything manually...

I made this command line that works:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "" /High /affinity 0F "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blender-2.80.0-git.cd92f8ea4626-windows64\blender.exe"

This works..but the "/affinity 0F" part is selecting only 4 cores. But 0F stands for 4 cores... I got this from a list that I found on google

attachment.php

And im looking for the code for 8 cores of 10 cores maybe.

Can anybody tell me where I can find what 'code' I need to use to set 8 cores?

allardtimmermans

Reputable
Dec 3, 2017
Thank you for your reply TerryLaze

So i downloaded the programme... but im stil unclear on how to set it for just that programme.. How can I tell Coreprio to just limit the cores for Blender.exe? And what should I enter at'software thread count if I want to use..lets say... 8 cores for this programme?

thanks!