Question How to make files either Video or audio on sd card or pendrive files not to copy ?

Mar 9, 2019
Hi, I want to distribute my lecture videos and pdf files in the sd cards or Pendrives.
Is there any way to protect them from copying from sd card or Pendrive to subscribers pc or laptop or smartphones??
I dont want them to piracy my content.
And also is there any way that the particular sd card or Pendrive can only open from only one pc or Phone which he used for first time to acess the content inside, not from any other device other than 1st?
Please let know the process step by step and comprehensively.please help

USAFRet

Titan
No, that is actually not possible. Some of the biggest corporations on the planet have tried to do that, and failed completely.
If I can display it on my system and screen, I can "copy" it.

Limit it to only one system?
What if I want to watch it on my PC at home, but my laptop if I'm out somewhere?

Mar 9, 2019
Ok,I knew they can screenrecord n copy .
But, is there any other way?
I want to limit to one system because that sd card or Pendrive should not be shared with others

The DRM in Windows Media videos (.wmv files) is designed to do exactly this. Upon playing the file, it checks to make sure the playing computer is authorized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_DRM

However, considering the first 3 pages of search results for "create drm wmv" are sites explaining how to remove the DRM, it doesn't seem to be very effective.

jsmithepa's suggestion would probably be the best way to proceed. A dedicated thief will still be able to copy your videos, but it'll stop casual copying.

Reactions: Jeva
...run a server somewhere and have people get them online, then u can restrict to live streaming only, not copy. Won't stop the really motivated...
Which covers anyone who uses Firefox and right-clicks to view page info, and downloads the file from the media tab....and most DRM is pretty easily hacked.

The essential point is simple:
If you produce something you don't want people copying, don't distribute it.

If these are videos of your lectures, you were already paid to give the lectures; which might open you up to retribution from an academic institution for profiting off what you were already paid to do, or a private organization which might lay legal claim to the content--if they paid for it being developed on their behalf.

You might be better-off distributing it under a Creative Commons license and quit worrying about it--if you actually do hold the legal right to distribute the content yourself.

Just food for thought....