How to Make Internet Explorer 6 Crash Instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hothr

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
Maybe if people post that in enough links and web-pages we can euthanize IE6 and not have to wait for it's slow death.

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Die IE6, DIE!!!
My company FINALLY "upgraded" to IE7 a couple of months ago, after IE8 came out. I don't get it. IE8 is faster, more stable and more secure than IE7. Why would we upgrade to that??? Another one of the joys of working for a large company.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
In related news: IE6 is lame.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

(On another note, does anyone actually hit the "Send error report" button?

amasen

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
He's spreading the word...
Make sure to put in redirects for IE6 only...
Let the death of IE 6 be a universal effort.

ljbade

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I think those websites that use Javascript to detect IE6 and display a message because they no longer support it, should instead change it to crash IE6. Much stronger message if you don't care about cutting off your IE6 audience.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
On another note, does anyone actually hit the "Send error report" button?

Are you trying to give us all RSI?

All joking aside I don't, on my current system I don't get very many crashes. And when I do it displays a log which I copy and paste then e-mail in.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]stoppostingcrapnews[/nom]Why did you this crap article?This is so damn old and there's really no point posting this article.Everybody knows IE6 is crap so why bother?[/citation]
QQ loser

CrashOverride90

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
IE6 is old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old, and old.

Oh and did I mention its Old? I forget easily

Seriously people need to dumb the old IE6

greenmachineiijh

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2005
Not only did you publicly expose an IE flaw with potential, but you also suggested to malware or other bad peeps how to block IE6 users from running and the user from being able to access the internet to get a fix for the malware or virus that installed it's self... Nice...

You do know viruses and malware can search for browser versions to target, right?

[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]While the true damage of this flaw isn't severe, it could still cause many annoyances if malware (or a prankster) were to change the default start page to "ms-its:%F0:", rendering the browser unusable without a more advanced registry tweak.[/citation]
Can one not just go to control panel then hit Network and Internet Settings then click Internet Options to get to the IE options without the browser and fix it without any of this regedit stuff?

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Can one not just go to control panel then hit Network and Internet Settings then click Internet Options to get to the IE options without the browser and fix it without any of this regedit stuff?[/citation]
Actually it's even easier to get around than THAT. In the start menu type http://google.com and your browser will launch to the URL you've just entered instead of your home page. Problem avoided and you can change your homepage from inside IE6.

G

Eh, this is just one of a gazillion ways to crash IE6. I can crash it by browsing pretty much any site that makes significant use of JavaScript or even CSS. Some of my own standards-compliant creations will crash it. Even Microsoft's own website will crash it.

Mike00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Uhm this is a bit useless.

First off why would the programmer bother to solve the issue if he is already working to get the next version of the browser out, I mean IE7 Beta came out in 2005 so no point in fixing something that was going to be replaced. So technically it was fixed because IE no longer has the issue and if everyone switched to Firefox it would be fixed even faster LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.