How to Pick the Parts in Tom's System Builder App

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
No thank you. I do have a facebook account, but I use it as little as possible for anything besides getting in touch with people.

WWBD

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Ugh, I hate corporations/websites trying to integrate with Facebook. Feels so phony and, honestly, what does it really do to increase business?

marcush

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
Why would you require a Facebook account just to use the app? I could see that if you saving or publishing your build to other people.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Great for Facebook users - which leaves me out. Until Facebook dedicates itself to being a secure place to share, I'm not going to partake, even if it does get me "in" with the Tomshardware staff.

;)

truchonic

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
nice app help you with the prices will be cool is wen you click it you can see the aspect of each one product, i know you don't sell it you only try to help the readers

talalhaj

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Why did you put it on facebook only, you should put it on your website too, I can't access facebook at work...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I do believe I came up with a useful and even profitable way to introduce this into your actual website where it will more than likely receive more use. It seems that other users at-least agree that it should be on this site as well. I have to say its not reassuring that you are retreating to Facebook and leaving your own site behind in this manner.

Marcus I know this isn't your doing, and you were likely told to write this article to try to promote this new FB app. But please do the community a favor and go up and express to your boss the seemingly majority opinion of the users to him and do consider giving him a bit of a whack across the head for us.

G

10/10 for the app, minus several billion for the failed hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.