Question How to prevent PC ARGB LEDs from turning on in sleep mode?

Imozeb

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
It was working fine for a long time, but now if I put my PC into sleep mode, all of the 5V ARGB lights connected to my motherboard (2x 5V ARB LED strips and 2 Corsair RGB fans) turn on and are red only, not changing colors). How can I fix this?

Also, recently my USBs do not power off when my PC goes to sleep any more either, which just controls my mouse pad lighting (not as big of an issue). But, I am thinking that this may be an issue related to the above.

I use Signal RGB to control the LED lighting when the PC is on, and have no issues when the PC is fully on.

What I've Tried:

BIOS:
1. I've tried enable/disable ERP mode in the bios.
2. I've tried setting turn off LED in sleep mode in the bios to true.

Windows:
1. I've tried setting USB selective suspend setting to Disabled in the Windows Advanced Power Settings.
2. I've tried checking/unchecking Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in the USB settings in Device Manager.

Is there anything I've missed short of reflashing the bios or some drastic measure?

Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, reburbished, used)?

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Update History. Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that started just before or at the time the RGB went astray?

Check Update History as well for failed or problem updates.

Things you can do:

1) Run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

2) Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to likewise find and fix possible file problems.

3) Download any applicable drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. (E.g., Signal RGB.) Manually reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or tools.

Imozeb

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
MoBo: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite
MoBo Bios Date: 8/23/2021

Memory: G Skill 3200Mhz DDR4 16GB Dual Channel (32GB total)

CPU: Intel i9 10900KF (No overclocked)

GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 10GB (Not overlocked, just maxed TDP)

PSU: NZXT C850 (2 years old)

Storage: Samsung 980 1TB NVME x2

Monitor: ASUS

--------------

I don't see any issues in reliability monitor before the issue since it started a month ago and I don't have info from before a month ago. Recent issues look fine i.e. not related to RGB like a game crashing.

No failed updates.

I'll run sfc /scannow and dism now.

Imozeb

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
I tried uninstalling the lighting control software (Signal RGB), so now I have no lighting control software other than default Windows/MoBo BIOS and it still happens, except now all the ARGB colors are default static rainbow instead of red.