[SOLVED] How to prevent transparent windows in Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, sometimes when I dragged a window across the screen for a few seconds (sometimes 6 seconds, sometimes longer or shorter), it became semi-transparent and the icon turned into a red pin. Then, I released the mouse button and clicked and dragged at the top of the window. The red pin icon showed up again. What is happening? How can I switch off this feature? The only culprit I could think of is PowerToys but there is no option within the app about transparent window.

Last edited:

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
looks familair -
https://superuser.com/questions/170...-becoming-transparent-and-staying-over-others

they too had powertools, its possible its a left over as they removed it and it was still happening. Look and try the answers.

wonder if powertools cause of your monitor thing?

From the link, am I supposed to perform a DISM repair first followed by a Windows 10 Repair Install or perform a DISM repair and if it fixes the problem, no need to do a Windows 10 Repair Install?

I have done the DISM repair and rebooted the machine. Same thing happened but if I continued to drag the top and shake the window, it became fully visible again. So it seems to have fixed the issue.

Note that if I continued to drag and shake, the window became semi-transparent again until after a few seconds, it became fully visible.

Now there is a new slightly undesirable behavior. If that once-became-semi-transparent window is on top of another window, clicking part of that partially covered windows does not bring it to the front. Very strange. For windows that have not been semi-transparent before, clicking whatever partially below them bring the underneath window up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.