how to print wirelessly to canon mg8120

pamspin

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
we just moved to a new state with different internet service. I can't print wirelessly to my canon MG8120 printer from my laptop- but can print if connected by usb. Also- I can't print directly from the internet- says that the printer is off line- even when I have it connected by usb. How can I fix each problem? I used the same laptop and printer in prior state?

Did you use the same router in the new state as the old state?

If you are using the rotuers provided by your ISP then you have to reconfigure the printer to the new network on the new router. The printer has no idea that you got a diffent router with a diffrent network name (called SSID) and a different password.

Depends on the printer. Someprinters with the fancier displays and control panels on them you can configure the wifi connection from there. Other printers you have to hook up via USB, and run the install disk and select to install a wireless printer (if doing it this way delete the printer from windows device and printers ).

Either way you will need to select the SSID (network name) of your router and input the wifi password for it.

pamspin

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
I tried to install with my canon disk. I got to a point where it said it could not detect the printer. One "help" said I need to find the access point, and my computer was configured correctly...any step by step would be appreciated
The SSID (my network name is sellected and I had already input the password. I did not delete from the windows devices - but the install disk seemed to do so.