[SOLVED] How to properly store my Graphic card?

banerjeeabhra47

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
Hello Folks,

I am a proud owner of an ASUS GTX 1080 TI Graphic card for almost 2 yrs. Now I may have to move out of my country for sometime lets say a year. I won't be able to carry my PC with me.
Therefore please suggest me how to store my graphic card properly. I have the original box and the anti static bag it came with. So, what do I do? detach the GPU from my case or keep it as it is. Also, my parents sometimes use my PC but they don't do gaming and all. Is the GPU gonna go bad if I keep it packed up for a year?

I am at a real loss here. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhra Banerjee

Solution
So that nobody else damages your graphics card by accident, and IF your PC has integrated graphics or you have another graphics card you can install for it to use while you are away, it wouldn't be the worst idea to remove the card, put it back in the antistatic bag and back in the box it came in, and store that someplace safe where it is unlikely that moisture or inadvertent damage from somebody not being careful with it will be possible. Maybe even put THAT inside another box with newspaper or other packing material around it if you are REALLY worried about it.

I simply store old graphics cards inside the static bag in the original box in a drawer.
So that nobody else damages your graphics card by accident, and IF your PC has integrated graphics or you have another graphics card you can install for it to use while you are away, it wouldn't be the worst idea to remove the card, put it back in the antistatic bag and back in the box it came in, and store that someplace safe where it is unlikely that moisture or inadvertent damage from somebody not being careful with it will be possible. Maybe even put THAT inside another box with newspaper or other packing material around it if you are REALLY worried about it.

I simply store old graphics cards inside the static bag in the original box in a drawer.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Solution