[SOLVED] How to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change

Jul 14, 2019
Yesterday i changed my entire system (CPU+MOBO+RAM). Now my windows is not activating . I thought this process should have been done automatically via internet .How to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change specially motherboard since the key is embedded to the old motherboard. I'm getting the following error and the troubleshooter didn't help to fix this problem.
H8EDS9Q.png

PS- i had a digital license linked to my microsoft account.

Solution
I've seen that function take a few days to get around to working.

Or, you actually enter the original license key. That should actually work.
'ThisPC', Properties, Change Product Key - Enter your original 8.1 license.

Or, you call MS.

USAFRet

Titan
Yesterday i changed my entire system (CPU+MOBO+RAM). Now my windows is not activating . I thought this process should have been done automatically via internet .How to reactivate windows 10 after a hardware change specially motherboard since the key is embedded to the old motherboard. I'm getting the following error and the troubleshooter didn't help to fix this problem.

PS- i had a digital license linked to my microsoft account.
Where did the original OS come from?
Linked to your MS account or not, it is not necessarily 'automatic.

But if it continues to fail, this is when you call MS and speak to a human.

Jul 14, 2019
Where did the original OS come from?
Linked to your MS account or not, it is not necessarily 'automatic.

But if it continues to fail, this is when you call MS and speak to a human.
it was a retail purchased of of windows 8.1 .Later i upgraded it to windows 10 via upgrade offer. It was linked to my microsoft account.After changing the motherboard it's not reactivating automatically. Seems that i have to contact microsoft support .

Jul 14, 2019
I've seen that function take a few days to get around to working.

Or, you actually enter the original license key. That should actually work.
'ThisPC', Properties, Change Product Key - Enter your original 8.1 license.

Or, you call MS.
i contacted microsoft support ..they took remote access of my pc..asked for the original 8.1 Key..and resolved the problem. However i'm not quite sure if my current motherboard contains the embedded key after this license transfer . In case i reinstall a fresh copy in this system and login to my connected microsoft account , will it get activated automatically ? Is there any way to check if my current motherboard contains the key now Since this is not a OEM key ?