How to read/format hard drive formatted in ext4

thechief120

Honorable
May 18, 2013
I just recently switched back over from Linux Mint 19 to Windows after trying it out for a week or so and while using Linux I decided to format my 2TB Samsung ST2000LM003 2.5in hard drive. 1TB being NTFS for Windows to read and the other 1TB ext4 for Linux to install to. One day I decided to load up windows but it was stuck loading for an hour or so, so I just booted back into Linux and tried to install Windows. Nothing kept happening, I couldn't get my USB drive to load into the Windows installer it was just a black screen.

So I tested out taking components out of my computer and I noticed that whenever I take out my hard drive that is half formatted NTFS and half ext4 everything works as intended. Windows booted up fine, I got everything working and I was going to just read my 2TB from an external hard drive reader and format it there (since if I booted it internally Windows wouldn't start). However, whenever I read the drive File Explorer, Disk Management, and even DiskPart freeze up and don't work. How can I format the drive so that I can remount it for use in Windows. I already loaded up a USB version of Linux and unallocated all the data but that didn't do anything, it still freezes Windows.