[SOLVED] How to Recover Data from a RAID System on Seagate NAS – BlackArmor 440-420?

Nov 17, 2023
My Seagate NAS – BlackArmor system don’t turn on, it may be out of order.
I’ve got a NAS device with four disks combined into a RAID 5 system.
What should I you do with all the data that’s still on the disks? There is no way to access the files by just connecting the disks to the computer. I can try replacing the device itself, but there’s no guarantee that the information will still be intact after I configure the new server.
What should I do to read the disks and retrieve information from there? Is there any well-tested data recovery tools for NAS solutions?

kanewolf

Titan
My Seagate NAS – BlackArmor system don’t turn on, it may be out of order.
I’ve got a NAS device with four disks combined into a RAID 5 system.
What should I you do with all the data that’s still on the disks? There is no way to access the files by just connecting the disks to the computer. I can try replacing the device itself, but there’s no guarantee that the information will still be intact after I configure the new server.
What should I do to read the disks and retrieve information from there? Is there any well-tested data recovery tools for NAS solutions?
Have you watched this video --
View: https://youtu.be/8-fQ9vgvOb4?si=ZrkTOgBCq-bZdqdm

Reactions: CaseyChaloner
Nov 17, 2023
You know - good video. This is exactly what was needed. All available methods of data recovery from Seagate BlackArmor are described in great detail.
I connected the drives from my NAS to a Windows PC. Launched the program shown in the video for data recovery from RAID arrays (Hetman RAID Recovery). It automatically detected the presence of a raid array on my disks and rebuilt it.
The program saw my data. Fortunately, the disks themselves were not damaged, so I think that there should be no problems with their recovery.
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS