[SOLVED] How to recover recently deleted files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatakuriChan

Reputable
Mar 8, 2021
Hi, I just accidentally deleted 15GB worth of data a few minutes ago. Can you please recommend a method or software? Recuva shows files delete months ago. But not the recent ones.

Thank You.

Solution
Recuva or EaseUS is the way you do it (or similar software). The data is only recoverable so long as it hasn't been written over; you're not running the OS off this drive, are you? You need to be recovering it to another drive that you're running your PC on.

KatakuriChan

Reputable
Mar 8, 2021
Recuva or EaseUS is the way you do it (or similar software). The data is only recoverable so long as it hasn't been written over; you're not running the OS off this drive, are you? You need to be recovering it to another drive that you're running your PC on.
No. It's a 4TB Backup drive with 500GB of free space. Recuva shows thousands of files. But not the recent one. I'll try EaseUS.

img

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
No. It's a 4TB Backup drive with 500GB of free space. Recuva shows thousands of files. But not the recent one. I'll try EaseUS.

Recuva / EaseUs / Stellar / Disk Drill (500mb limit) / Minitool / Active@ / BPlan is an overmarketed forgettable crapware. They always show something is there, but the files that they recover usually are worthless even if in the paid version. Some people had partial success with them, but the most ended up with somewhere between the total failure or a mix of succeeded and corrupted files, from which they tells people is the best that could have been done in their situation, rather than the incompetency of their product. Their data recovery software performs far worse than any reputable tool, and has a reputation for failing to recover non-deleted files from perfectly functioning intact drives (i.e. Windows Explorer can do better). On top of that, they market it as a cure-all for failing drives, which is dishonest, irresponsible, and harmful. I know it came off rude but their marketing machine is genuinely amazing and insanely well funded: they pay their way into review sites and market their product on data recovery forums as the best thing out there when in reality it’s absolute trash at all but the simplest cases, and even that is often too optimistic. Lots of people end up believing it’s a good tool just because of their marketing. If it’s the only tool you ever use, it can be easy to believe that. But if you’ve tried any of the more competent recovery tools, its failures would be much much more clear. Surprise: it costs more than most reputable recovery applications! These are the reputable tools on consumer level: for file (system) recovery (which is just one aspect of data recovery) use UFS Recovery / Reclaime (1GB limit) / R-Studio / Raise Data Recovery / DMDE (free: 4000 files from one folder)/ Getdataback. Just pay attention to don't install any of these programs onto the drive from which you are trying to recover files, and also, do not recover files back onto the same drive from which they were erased. FYI: DMDE Express license for 1 year is just $20.00.

USAFRet

Titan
How to recover recently deleted files?

From the backup you made before this happened.
(note, this may involve inventing a time machine.

img

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
From the backup you made before this happened.
(note, this may involve inventing a time machine.

Hey Doc Brown, the syposium about the importance of the time travel and the backup making will be held on the last week? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.