Question how to rectify my bios post time ?

Oct 15, 2020
Hello everyone along with all TomsHardware team, I want to know is there a any idea about post time because I noticed my Asrock motherboard post time is 3.6 sec and windows boot time 5.4 sec. When I switch off my power supply and again switch on my PSU and press start button of my CPU, it show post time 4.6 to 5.6 and windows boot around 7 to 9 sec !!!!. Can anyone tell me please what should I do to remain same post time so that my windows boot same sec with power off and on? please help.

Thanks to all.

my cofiguration :

Processor:- Intel Core I3 -9100 Inbuilt Graphics
Motherboard:- ASRock B365M Pro4
Ram Corsair:- 2400 mhz 8 GB
Hard disk:- m.2 SATA SSD Samsung
PSU:- 600W Corsiar

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello everyone along with all TomsHardware team, I want to know is there a any idea about post time because I noticed my Asrock motherboard post time is 3.6 sec and windows boot time 5.4 sec. When I switch off my power supply and again switch on my PSU and press start button of my CPU, it show post time 4.6 to 5.6 and windows boot around 7 to 9 sec !!!!. Can anyone tell me please what should I do to remain same post time so that my windows boot same sec with power off and on? please help.

Thanks to all.

my cofiguration :

Processor:- Intel Core I3 -9100 Inbuilt Graphics
Motherboard:- ASRock B365M Pro4
Ram Corsair:- 2400 mhz 8 GB
Hard disk:- m.2 SATA SSD Samsung
PSU:- 600W Corsiar
What benefit do you believe you will get by a 4 second difference ?

Reactions: Suparno15

USAFRet

Titan
Here ya go:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-windows-10-boot-time,5810.html

Oct 15, 2020
Not a clue. But if 4 seconds difference in boot time is the WORST thing you have to worry about, you have a very blessed life.
But I checked most of motherboards. There is an option AC POWER LOST where you can put fast boot there. But this option not there an Asrock b365m pro4.
Another point if install Samsung nvme sad instead of SATA M. 2 sad then can it be solve problems. I want same POST either on or Off.

USAFRet

Titan
But I checked most of motherboards. There is an option AC POWER LOST where you can put fast boot there. But this option not there an Asrock b365m pro4.
Another point if install Samsung nvme sad instead of SATA M. 2 sad then can it be solve problems. I want same POST either on or Off.
You're assuming a "problem", where no problem exists.

The link I posted above tells you how to, theoretically, get a stupidly fast "boot time".
Of course, this means the system is unusable for anything else. But it WILL boot quite fast.