[SOLVED] How to reduce RPM and noise of ThermalTake level 20 MT ARGB front fans

Aug 3, 2021
Hello,

i have the Thermaltake level 20 MT ARGB case and a problem with the noise of the front fans. I search for a way to reduce the fan speed or to control them via software or to put them off when I don't need them (e.g. when I'm just working on my desktop) without unplugging the power cable. The fans are connected to a controller wich also controls the ARGB LEDs and that controller is connected with a SATA power cable to the power supply.

Does anyone knows a neat solution for this?

Edit: this is the build in controller
pic2.jpg

Solution
Hey mate,

I don't think the fans in the Level 20MT are controllable - Maybe you might want to just get a new set of fans for yourself from Amazon as these ones aren't controllable. If you are thinking of reccomendations I'd probably say the Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB fans which are from the same brand (assuring) and also might be expensive, but have a better controller with the speed control as well.

I am kinda new, so maybe you gotta wait for a better reccomendation if there is any.

Link to it - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MVY3N55/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_2G60Q3X9AS27BVCMK2QV

Please mark as best answer!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I had to look through the video for the case to understand that the fans on the case can't be manipulated. That's a poorly designed fan hub, to be honest. You're looking at replacing the fans with aftermarket ones that pair with your motherboard or invest in a fan hub alongside fans to have them all run off one header.

Jun 25, 2021
Hey mate,

I don't think the fans in the Level 20MT are controllable - Maybe you might want to just get a new set of fans for yourself from Amazon as these ones aren't controllable. If you are thinking of reccomendations I'd probably say the Thermaltake Pure 12 ARGB fans which are from the same brand (assuring) and also might be expensive, but have a better controller with the speed control as well.

I am kinda new, so maybe you gotta wait for a better reccomendation if there is any.

Link to it - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MVY3N55/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_2G60Q3X9AS27BVCMK2QV

Please mark as best answer!

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
There's actually a reason why the fans are configured the way they are. This case has very little airflow in the front and the only way this case performs acceptably while relying on the front intake is to basically brute-force it with fans. This is not a case designed for quiet operation. If you want quieter, the best advice I can offer is to get two 120mm PWM fans and side mount them. There's actually a proper intake in front of the fans there. Then you can set your fan curve to balance noise and temperature.

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you all for your comments. @DSzymborski thanks for that explanation and @VishalVV thanks for the recommendation. I think I don't have issues with temperature because I don't overclock. So I think I will possibly try the Pure 12 ARGB fans and perhaps add some side fans if needed.