How to reduce system shared memory? No option in bios, 8GB RAM dedicated to a 980 ti :L

Bilal_24

Honorable
Jun 7, 2016
So I recently updated my old pc, which had a decent i7 860, and hooked it up with a 980ti, and I also grabbed 2 ddr3 sticks for a total upgrade of 16GB memory. Problem is, the previous card on this was a Nvidia GT330 which was a total <<edited for content by moderator>>, that had 2GB of discrete memory and the system shared 2GB with it, to have 4GB available for the card.

Now that I have updated the ram sticks, the system for some reason has shared 8GB of memory with the 980ti, despite the face that 980ti has 6GB VRAM which is ample. I cant find any options in this CMOS bios. There is a total of 14GB of memory reserved for graphics now, which is driving me crazy cause its literally wasting 8gb of ram for something not needed. Can any member tell me if there is a way to fix this if this is not in bios?

Also, the shared memory, is that shared only when required? or is that completely reserved and unusable by windows applications? Im not 100% sure abt this, perhaps if its used by the graphics card only wen needed i may feel at peace knowing not all of that 8gb will be wasted