how to refill HP 45 cart

HI All,

Anyone have any luck refilling the black HP 45 cart'? I've tried,
following the instructions on the IMS refill system and it just doesn't
work. On the HP color cart's, there seems to be a sponge, but on the 45
it's hollow. What's more, the refill hole is on the bottom and this
seems to be likely to leak after refilling.

How do I refill the 45?

Any help would be appreciateed.
[For those apostrophe nut's, cart' is a contraction :)]

Thanks.
-Dave

The best method by far is not to open the cart at all. Refill it through the
head, which serves also to clean the head. I use the setup from
www.inkjetsaver.com, and get many refills per cart, maybe 5-10.

On 31 Jan 2005 09:52:42 -0800, "dschl" <dschl@earthlink.net> wrote:

>How do I refill the 45?

You need a replacement ball to plug the hole, squeeze the tank while
you plug that hole and it should be OK. 45 is a bit trickier to get
it filled and working properly but if you checked the manual that
comes with the ink kit, you should be able to do it.

"dschl" <dschl@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> HI All,
>
> Anyone have any luck refilling the black HP 45 cart'? I've tried,
> following the instructions on the IMS refill system and it just doesn't
> work. On the HP color cart's, there seems to be a sponge, but on the 45
> it's hollow. What's more, the refill hole is on the bottom and this
> seems to be likely to leak after refilling.
>
> How do I refill the 45?
>
> Any help would be appreciateed.
> [For those apostrophe nut's, cart' is a contraction :)]
>
> Thanks.
> -Dave

This technique works http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/help_info/60.html - just
make sure you seal the hole properly after filling.

Thanks for all the feedback. As it turns out, the problem was the
pressure, or lack thereof. I found that if I squeezed the sides a bit
more, it worked fine. I guess using a clamp to compress it isn't a bad
idea, either.

Thanks, again.

-Dave

Filling through the head eliminates all pressure problems.

dschl wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Anyone have any luck refilling the black HP 45 cart'? I've tried,
> following the instructions on the IMS refill system and it just doesn't
> work. On the HP color cart's, there seems to be a sponge, but on the 45
> it's hollow. What's more, the refill hole is on the bottom and this
> seems to be likely to leak after refilling.
>
> How do I refill the 45?
>
> Any help would be appreciateed.
> [For those apostrophe nut's, cart' is a contraction :)]
>
> Thanks.
> -Dave

I tried the "Snap and Fill" tool from below and it worked
perfectly. It fits onto the cartridge and fills through the
head. It allows you to pull the air out of the bladder
before you add ink.

http://alotofthings.com/

dschl wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Anyone have any luck refilling the black HP 45 cart'? I've tried,
> following the instructions on the IMS refill system and it just doesn't
> work. On the HP color cart's, there seems to be a sponge, but on the 45
> it's hollow. What's more, the refill hole is on the bottom and this
> seems to be likely to leak after refilling.
>
> How do I refill the 45?
>
> Any help would be appreciateed.
> [For those apostrophe nut's, cart' is a contraction :)]
>
> Thanks.
> -Dave

Dan and George are right, the snap and fill is the best way to go. I
recommend these guys-
http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/snapfill45.html

JohnRocks

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Owning a computer with a printer can get expensive, especially if you print a great deal. Ink cartridges usually cost high to replace. In an effort to cut down on the cost of replacing ink cartridges,consumers are turning to refill kits instead of replacing the entire cartridges. Refill kits are relatively inexpensive, are simple to use, and can save you money.