[SOLVED] How to reinstall windows after a shoddy GPU messed up windows updates and driver installation? (New build)

Mar 7, 2020
So I got a used RX 580 for my new rig and have had only problems. When it first started up it had awful screen tear and discoloration. Updating windows and downloading drivers blue screened me and brought me to that advanced optikns kinda page. No amount of DDU or reinstall fixed so I got a new cheap SSD and my monitor was old and without DP so I got a new monitor, the problem was better but still there. Tried again and my computer blue screens again. I’m now getting a new graphics card but was wondering how to reinstall windows at the stage I’m at. Is there a way to delete windows and reinstall when I get my new GPU? Should I just boot in safemode and DDU and then just wait to install the new gpu drivers? do I even need to reinstall windows? The new gpu is a Nvidia 1650 Super, any help is appreciated.

Solution
Use the Windows installation media tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) to create a Windows 10 installation USB (8+ GB). Boot from that USB to reinstall windows (be sure to completely remove any partitions currently on the drive so you end up with a fresh install. You will need to have a valid Windows 10 license key or have this system already registered with Windows 10 and your Microsoft account.

You will need to reinstall all your programs and drivers and put all your data back how you want it. Before you start, make a backup of ALL your important data.
Use the Windows installation media tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) to create a Windows 10 installation USB (8+ GB). Boot from that USB to reinstall windows (be sure to completely remove any partitions currently on the drive so you end up with a fresh install. You will need to have a valid Windows 10 license key or have this system already registered with Windows 10 and your Microsoft account.

You will need to reinstall all your programs and drivers and put all your data back how you want it. Before you start, make a backup of ALL your important data.

Solution