[SOLVED] How to remove glued on CPU from motherboard

Aug 14, 2020
I am totally set on doing this and there is no way in hell I am going to spend the upwards of a grand it would cost to replace the motherboard when I can buy another motherboard with this CPU for 200 dollars. With that said, what is the safest, most effective way to remove factory glued on components from a motherboard. A soldering iron? Acetone? Naphtha?

Solution
Asus GL502VM. I suppose if what you say is true and I either have to order the motherboard from China for like 500 or so or pay someone even more to repair it in a store then it wouldnt hurt to take a soldering iron to the board.
Edit: Forgot to mention CPU, I7 7700HQ
So, a laptop.

With either a Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ or Intel® Core™ i5 6300HQ

Both of those are BGA. Ball Grid Array.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...6700hq-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-50-ghz.html

This is the underside of...
Aug 14, 2020
A CPU is not "glued on".
It is either in a socket and removable, or it is soldered to the motherboard.
A CPU that is soldered on ("BGA...") can't be removed via consumer means.

So...what specific CPU and motherboard?
Asus GL502VM. I suppose if what you say is true and I either have to order the motherboard from China for like 500 or so or pay someone even more to repair it in a store then it wouldnt hurt to take a soldering iron to the board.

USAFRet

Titan
So, a laptop.

With either a Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ or Intel® Core™ i5 6300HQ

Both of those are BGA. Ball Grid Array.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...6700hq-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-50-ghz.html

This is the underside of the i7 in question
FVcSvIF.png

It is FAR more than just a soldering iron.

Solution