How to Restrict Users to Very Limited Functionality?

Mysteryman2

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
I am responsible for looking after a PC at my tennis club. It is currently running Windows 10 and we only want to allow members to access certain website (Court Booking, LTA, Club website, etc.)

However, in the past certain members have abused this by accessing other sites, playing games and generally fiddling with settings - this spoils it for other users.

The current situation is that I have installed Fortres 101 and this has allowed me to restrict the websites that are accessible and to restrict the things people can do in Windows.

Even with this then people still manage to screw it up (just recently it was switched to "Tablet Mode", which rendered it unusable) and, in particular, can still mess with settings in the browser (IE11)

I saw that there is something available called "Kiosk Mode" and wondered if this is worth investigating. What I would like is that the users get presented with a list of 5 websites that they can access and are not able to make any changes to Windows or browser settings.

Before I start off trying to set this up, does anyone know if this is likely to be possible?

Thanks