How to setup multiple networks on one router

tf116

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011

The router in question is a Lynksys 8 port ethernet router so I I had one router and just changed the subnet in each office that would provide multiple subnets dividing the one network? So as long as I setup the routing table in port forwarding for each seperate subnet then allowing the user to set thier systems to static private class c addresses would that work?

tf116

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Unless it's one of the new ones with a Guest network.

The router in question is a Lynksys 8 port ethernet router so I I had one router and just changed the subnet in each office that would provide multiple subnets dividing the one network? So as long as I setup the routing table in port forwarding for each seperate subnet then allowing the user to set thier systems to static private class c addresses would that work?

I have no idea what a Linksys 8 port router is; what is the model number?

Also, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to isolate the different offices from each other?

tf116

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Thank you I see that I will need to rethink this from the start. Looks like I will have to use the multiple switches with 3 to 4 routers. It is either that or invest in new hardware for the tune of about 5k. Thanks to everyone for your replys.

tf116