How To Skip The Windows 10 Anniversary Rollout Period And Update Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new update seems to break dual shock 4 compatibility with InputMapper (again). I guess I'll have to disable a service or two and completely break the Windows Store and the Xbox App again /sigh /s

skelatun

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Try DS4Windows. Check box in program that says something like "hide ds4". I haven't had any problems so far.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Mine failed. Got a black screen with a mouse cursor. Restarted, and it rolled back to previous state. Maybe has something to do with me using HDMI for audio only. Downloading ISO instead.

USAFRet

Titan
ProTip:

If you are low on drive space, you can't do this upgrade. You must have at least 16GB free space.
This is from my little Asus Transformer 32GB OS drive.

2h3dmJw.png

die4die

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
just updated and everything is running more smoothly. it took me almost 2hours with my slow 6mbps internet n i5 750cpu.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
lol for real, what is the purpose of this "upgrade to windows 10 now !" article
I don't get it ? windows 10 is already gone, it came it failed now just wait for Windows 11 to get microsoft to ridicule them self by declaring Windows 10 insecure and outdated

Just ran it. So far so good. The only issue I got was my monitor overclock not getting saved. For some reason NVidia Control Panel deleted the profile.

Edge is pretty good. Having extensions is really sweet. However, it's been glitchy. I'm not going to use it much.

3ogdy

Distinguished

Just wait for it. For now, it's taken care of some straight from the Global Policy Editor, so you might not be paying attention to the right area of the OS.

3ogdy

Distinguished

Coming up next: You won't be able to change your privacy settings. Some people reported there were missing settings (switches) from the Global Policy Editor after the update. Oh, they also had Windows 10 PRO, not Home, as the latter doesn't even have access to the Global Policy Editor. Not by default.
Well, well, well...Spyware in action and there's more on the way.

One of my sources?

Pro Editions suffering Home edition privacy issues? Why would that be? :
voila.png

Source

Another user, "Butterfly", on the same forum I posted the link to:
"How convenient that all of this is being announced now that the offer to upgrade is over,"

Microshit: Upgrade first, we'll strip features later.

3ogdy

Distinguished

Hopefully Microshit will pay you for those GB worth of writes on your NAND.

Eliminator1973

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
updated manually. steam has a glitch maybe, working icon just stays running until i close steam. store will not load either. payday 2 is running though! phew.

dgingeri

Distinguished
I updated to this last night. This morning, I discovered two issues with it, one major and one medium.

1. Windows Defender turned on despite the fact that I already had Eset internet security running, causing major file contention. Even uninstalling and reinstalling didn't turn off Defender. So, I'm stuck with Microsoft's crappy virus protection.

2. All my Perfect World Entertainment programs will not run. The Arc Client and all the games on it refuse to run at all. The fixer, uninstaller, and installer also refuse to run at all. The exe appears in the task list for about 5 seconds, and then disappear, having done nothing.

Beware, there are still some substantial issues with this build.

Inputmapper posted a workaround. The actual wording / steps are a bit different for myself but now its working. With that issue being resolved with a workaround, I can't really find any other faults with the update at this point.

You still can, but it just requires a bit of effort.
http://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how-to-disable-cortana-in-windows-10/

Vosgy

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014
Installed the update on my work computer last night, have just gotten in this morning, attempt to type in my password, first key press, BSOD.
Now I should be pissed, however I happened to know what the issue is, there is a broken Wireless Keyboard/Mouse driver that causes this BSOD, appears it was installed with the update.
Just got a corded KB/M and went to work removing the broken driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.