How to slow down an Epson 2200?

Robert

I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour printing.
I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the ink
lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
thanks
rtm

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:15:49 GMT, "Robert" <joeblow@blowjo.net> wrote:

>I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour printing.
>I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
>doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the ink
>lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
>problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
>Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
>printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
>thanks
>rtm

You software will have different choices for paper and the one that
works best is unlikely to be the 'correct' one. You just keep
selecting different papers until you find the one that works best for
you and your paper. Experiment!

DK

Jim

"Robert" <joeblow@blowjo.net> wrote in message
> I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour
printing.
> I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
> doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the
ink
> lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
> problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
> Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
> printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
> thanks
> rtm

Use better paper.
Jim

Kirkland paper is supposed to be Ilford. How much better can you get?

Jim wrote:

>"Robert" <joeblow@blowjo.net> wrote in message
>

>>I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour
>>

>printing.
>

>>I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
>>doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the
>>

>ink
>

>>lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
>>problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
>>Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
>>printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
>>thanks
>>rtm
>>

>Use better paper.
>Jim

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:15:49 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers "Robert"
<joeblow@blowjo.net> wrote:

>I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour printing.
>I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
>doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the ink
>lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
>problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
>Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
>printing to give enough time for ink drying or???

What media are you telling the driver to use. It might be a matter of
specifying a different media type to one where less ink is laid down.

----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

In article <FTrQd.436$%y.118@clgrps12>, joeblow@blowjo.net says...
> I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour printing.
> I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
> doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the ink
> lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
> problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
> Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
> printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
> thanks
> rtm

You may be in for an unhappy surprise. The paper is not suited for
pigmented inks. It may never dry properly and your pictures may not
last as long as you wish. Use another paper formulation.
--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com

I believe there is a command or option in the driver to slow it down.

Someone also sells a little device that slightly lifts the last set of
wheels to remove them form the path of the paper. If you need the
address for it, email me privately.

Art

Robert wrote:

> I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour printing.
> I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11 paper, the ink
> doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber rollers track the ink
> lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen, but often enough to be a
> problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper I think is superior to
> Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's the cure--? slow down
> printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
> thanks
> rtm

Toby

Look under Custom>Advanced in the driver tab and you'll find a box for
high-speed. Uncheck it and it prints in one head direction only.

At least it works that way with the PM4000-PX, which is the Japanese
equivalent of the 2200.

Toby

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
>I believe there is a command or option in the driver to slow it down.
>
> Someone also sells a little device that slightly lifts the last set of
> wheels to remove them form the path of the paper. If you need the address
> for it, email me privately.
>
> Art
>
> Robert wrote:
>
>> I'll bet you never thought someone would like to slow down colour
>> printing. I have an Epson 2200 and when printing with Costco 8.5X11
>> paper, the ink doesn't dry quite fast enough so that the final rubber
>> rollers track the ink lengthwise on the picture. Doesn't always happen,
>> but often enough to be a problem. The texture of the Kirkland brand paper
>> I think is superior to Epson Glossy Photo and 2/3 of the price. What's
>> the cure--? slow down printing to give enough time for ink drying or???
>> thanks
>> rtm

In advanced settings
ink config
There is a setting to change the drying time; not sure if it is only the
time between pages or if it slows down the printer as well.