Question How to solve "CMOS checksum error" with warnings of "BIOS date time not set" and "keyboard not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2019
Some days before, my computer turned off suddenly due to "battery failure in UPS" that means UPS battery required to change. I rectified the UPS problem and start the computer. It was required to start on safe mode, then i restart the computer. On that time, i saw the following details on the black screen when the start-up.

CMOS checksum error
Warning: BIOS date&time not set
Warning: Keyboard not found

I entered into CMOS (BIOS) set-up and set the time&date and saved and exit the setup. Now i shutdown the computer properly and restart the computer. Now it worked well.

But i shutdown the computer properly and start the computer after some times (approx after 2/3 hours), the same msg appear on black screen. Again i need to set the BIOS. Everytime i need to set the BIOS when start the computer between long time intervals.

How to solve this problem?
I need the best permanent solution.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
few things could be , a dead CMOS battery, out of date Bios , and possible damage on mother board due to power surge , maybe test CMOS battery to check if its still good, check if your Bios is up to date you can also manual disable keyboard not found error in bios

Jun 10, 2019
These are the typical indications of a dead CMOS back-up battery.

Remove the old battery.
Install the new battery.
Clear CMOS.
Enter BIOS setup.
Set time and date.
Re-establish your former BIOS configuration settings.
Re-boot.

when i install new battery, the old config settings are vanished, am i right?
If it is vanished, how to Re-establish my former BIOS configuration settings?
Reboot means, i am required to reboot the OS, am i right?

Taking notes before you remove the battery is a good idea, so that you have a reference from which to re-establish your earlier settings. If you are having issues booting, after over-clocking, keep in mind that re-establishing all of your earlier settings will return you to the same state where the system will refuse to post. In that event, you should beck-off the over-clocking settings that resulted in the non-POST condition.

"Re-boot" means that you will re-start the system to see if it passes the POST routines. Naturally, if there are no issues during POST, your OS will attempt to boot. Whether or not your OS is capable of successfully loading is an entirely different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.