Question How to stop antimalware service executable?

Midhun Kumar

Commendable
Jul 17, 2021
Antimalware service executable is always running in the background in my windows 10 laptop. It consumes so much Ram & disk usage. I tried many ways to stop it: every option in windows defender firewall is disabled, every toggle under virus & threat protection settings in set to 'off', made some other changes in local group policy & registry editor (as suggested by YouTube videos). Nothing works, antimalware service executable is running as usual. It makes my laptop unfit to use. Please suggest some effective truly working ways to disable it completely

D

Deleted member 14196

Format and reinstall when you do stuff like this. You are most likely infected badly from sound of it

D

Deleted member 14196

That happened to me once a long time ago and I figured it was a virus because anti-malware service was always running and it started complaining about things like permissions being changed.

D

Deleted member 14196

The fact that it’s constantly running and using up tons of resources means something is drastically wrong

Do you really want to be applying Band-Aids at this point or do you want to solve the issue

do an offline scan with a good antivirus and see what it says

Reactions: Cj-tech

iutkarshkumar

Commendable
Apr 6, 2020
There are multiple ways to stop antimalware service but you may follow the below link to stop the antimalware service executable on your Windows PC.