Question How to stop fail start and overclocking after new RAM install?

Mar 9, 2019
I can't seem to find this answer no matter how much I Google it. I feel that it's a simple solution and I just can't find it.

I just upgraded my ram to 16gb. Ever since I did this my pc fail starts, meaning it starts but nothing is detected on my monitor sometimes. My tv is my monitor.

My monitor also overscans which I expected but I am unable to adjust this in the resolution settings and the AMD Radeon settings cannot detect any displays. I had to force the screen size to normal using my Intel settings. Also I can't change my screen setting on my tv itself.

To answer basic questions yes I already changed my BIOS settings to default after install and yes I have the same exact ram installed and didn't switch it up.

I want to know how can I dedicate my graphics card accordingly so it isn't defaulting to Intel and how do I fix this issue with the fail start/overclocking issue?

My specs: Intel Core i5 8400, 16 GB ram (4x4), 64 bit os, Windows 10 home. motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H. Graphics: MSI Radeon RX 570.

I really hope someone can help me because I can't figure it out and I'm running out of options here.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
What port are you using to connect to the tv? Say you are using vga, did you set your tv to vga, or hdmi, tv set to hdmi etc. Sometimes even when you buy the exact make and model of ram, they do not work, or work well, with each other. That is why they recommend always buying all your ram as a set. Speaking of bios, what bios number is your motherboard on?

Mar 9, 2019
What port are you using to connect to the tv? Say you are using vga, did you set your tv to vga, or hdmi, tv set to hdmi etc. Sometimes even when you buy the exact make and model of ram, they do not work, or work well, with each other. That is why they recommend always buying all your ram as a set. Speaking of bios, what bios number is your motherboard on?

It's connected via hdmi. I already set the timings to match in my bios. However I noticed my bios needs to be updated. I'm going to do this and see of it helps.