Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2020
I am frustrated in IT world. I think I am lost now or stuck IDK.

I am in third year university student and I spend more than 7 months approx. to learn C# from the book on my own, my university is sucks BTW. I also make sharp shooting game for my practice(I know that is not enough).

I am introvert guy I don't go out or make friends that why circle is too small.
Recently I go for internship (unpaid), there take 35 minute interview, I solve the problems they give to me but don't choose me becoz I don't have reference on my resume. (I am not saying I am good or great but I can deserve that intern).

Now I don't have any motivation to learn more, and my designer friends who just practice designing in 2 3 months doing jobs and having job experience and started freelancing.
There are forcing me to do freelancing but I know freelancing in development is hard and risking without any experience. My friend laugh on me that I'm still learning something and there are earning for their designing experience.

IDK what to do know. I also failed LinkedIn skill test thrice in C#.
I am not saying just because I learn for 7 months people starting given me a job.

I just want to know what I can do to improve myself because I feel so much lost, my brother is saying moved to Flutter and I want to stick with C#.
My friend telling me do more projects to make your CV strong. There is course my sir offered us on ASP.NET With MVC.
I don't know what to choice to move forward from above options.

I know I am not one anybody also faced this problem I just need little help on this.

And thanks for your time and consideration and listening and reading my life

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like you want to be a software developer, not so much IT. IT is more generalized and involves a lot of management and financial decision making. Entry level IT is helpdesk support, then on to application or server or network support, and then usually tends to branch into management.

Might also be a good idea to hook up with a contracting house that provides IT services, including development services, to other companies. Sometimes they are just looking for warm bodies, having programming experience will be a plus. Then you will have something to put on your resume. Or you can move into those development positions at a contracting company.

ASP.NET and MVC are the basic keys to making platform standard web applications that have a database behind them. Certainly an in demand field for many companies. Flutter, mobile app development is big. Objective C is popular there as well. Certainly more application development support out there for existing applications then there is new development, so learning the older languages is still good. Not often companies switch code bases at the drop of a hat. Make your own apps to add to a portfolio?

Sadly, if you can't be social then you won't get very far I'm afraid. Only way to be anti-social and succeed at software development is to be very good at what you do. Possible exception would be if the other programmers are responsible for hiring decisions.

Reactions: BigHeadJaf
Jul 9, 2020
Sounds like you want to be a software developer, not so much IT. IT is more generalized and involves a lot of management and financial decision making. Entry level IT is helpdesk support, then on to application or server or network support, and then usually tends to branch into management.

Might also be a good idea to hook up with a contracting house that provides IT services, including development services, to other companies. Sometimes they are just looking for warm bodies, having programming experience will be a plus. Then you will have something to put on your resume. Or you can move into those development positions at a contracting company.

ASP.NET and MVC are the basic keys to making platform standard web applications that have a database behind them. Certainly an in demand field for many companies. Flutter, mobile app development is big. Objective C is popular there as well. Certainly more application development support out there for existing applications then there is new development, so learning the older languages is still good. Not often companies switch code bases at the drop of a hat. Make your own apps to add to a portfolio?

Sadly, if you can't be social then you won't get very far I'm afraid. Only way to be anti-social and succeed at software development is to be very good at what you do. Possible exception would be if the other programmers are responsible for hiring decisions.

From IT i mean CS btw (my poor choice of word ).

i think i keep learning and try to socialize myself.

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
As far as I have known, C# has not been an easy thing to learn and even the programmers are not thorough with this. It is considered one of the toughest languages and if you are finding it hard enough, I think changing your subject would be a better idea.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
C# is supposedly to C++ what C++ was to C. More abstract with simpler language, less powerful overall, but for general purpose coding, I find it okay for most things. Also incorporates features of Java which makes it really hard to make code that will crash a computer.

If you want to do anything recent in Windows, kind of mandatory. Basically what .NET is written in.

Status
Not open for further replies.