Question how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2

like this

94066e09-7ce5-41d8-a2a6-8c80377b7354

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
And continuing with the 'use case' question...why are you needing to connect to the OBDII data from long range?
in example if i sell some chip for car and i need cofnigure and make connect this via his computer remotely from my but i need it with privacy option i dont need share him how to do i my job

USAFRet

Titan
in example if i sell some chip for car and i need cofnigure and make connect this via his computer remotely from my but i need it with privacy option i dont need share him how to do i my job
You NEED to be able to remotely connect to his PC/tablet/phone, and thence to the OBDII device.
This cannot be done in secret/private/anonymously.

I shall consult other CarGuys on this.

Reactions: Giorgi379

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
If his PC/tablet/phone can access the OBDII device, and you can remotely access his PC/tablet/phone, then you can do this.

This, of course, requires assistance on his end.

Or, you need a multi million dollar budget. Bugatti and Tesla do this.
is this is that what i need?

share usb over network?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2

like this

94066e09-7ce5-41d8-a2a6-8c80377b7354

What you want to do does not exist.

How most remote tuners do it is they Know the car they are starting with, they email the person a base map to upload to their car, and then they download and email back the running parameters after running with the tune for a bit, then adjust the tune and email it again. This can be done on the spot at a dyno as well if you're so inclined.

Otherwise if you want to remotely do it you would need to have the person connect a laptop wiht your tuning software to the car and you would need to use software like Teamviewer to access the laptop and control the software remotely. The person you are doing this for will see what you are doing, there is no way around this.

Reactions: Giorgi379

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
What you want to do does not exist.

How most remote tuners do it is they Know the car they are starting with, they email the person a base map to upload to their car, and then they download and email back the running parameters after running with the tune for a bit, then adjust the tune and email it again. This can be done on the spot at a dyno as well if you're so inclined.

Otherwise if you want to remotely do it you would need to have the person connect a laptop wiht your tuning software to the car and you would need to use software like Teamviewer to access the laptop and control the software remotely. The person you are doing this for will see what you are doing, there is no way around this.
Thanks for your attention
this softwares will not work?

and
https://www.net-usb.com

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Status
Not open for further replies.