How to totally delete Skype from Windows 7

82Devon

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello,
How do I totally uninstall Skype from Windows 7. For some reason I now have two Skype names and I downloaded (by mistake) all of the contacts in my Outlook address book. Every time I uninstall Skype and then down load again I end up with the same problem and I can't add new contacts because I am told they are allready in my contacts list. Can anyone list the steps to delete EVERY reference to Skype. I am using W7 on a HP 600-1170a machine.

Solution

First, uninstall Skype again then have a look in C:\Users>{yourname}>AppData for any Skype folders which might be clinging on to settings you want to bin. Also, hit Windows key and R together then type regedit into the Open box an dhit Enter. Navigate to...

First, uninstall Skype again then have a look in C:\Users>{yourname}>AppData for any Skype folders which might be clinging on to settings you want to bin. Also, hit Windows key and R together then type regedit into the Open box an dhit Enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Skype and delete the entire key then click Edit and Find, type in Skype and delete any further references you find by hitting Function 3 to find the next one every time. Leave the Registry by the File menu Exit and restart the computer twice. That shold do it.[/#000ff]

Solution

82Devon

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Hi Saga Lout - Thanks for that. It all makes sense to me. - Cheers - Devon82.