Question How to transfer data from an HDD to a SSD

May 16, 2024
I recently bought a Samsung 870 evo to replace my HDD but I also want to transfer my data and Windows to the new SSD. I'm not able to Connect both the SSD and HDD to my Computer at the same time is there any alternate way to transfer data with like a backup or something. I'm fairly new so please explain simply. Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
I recently bought a Samsung 870 evo to replace my HDD but I also want to transfer my data and Windows to the new SSD. I'm not able to Connect both the SSD and HDD to my Computer at the same time is there any alternate way to transfer data with like a backup or something. I'm fairly new so please explain simply. Thanks
Why can't you connect both?

What motherboard/system do you have?

(there are ways to do this, but we need details)

Reactions: AbrahamLincon
The motherboard certainly has more than one SATA port as even the smallest version has 2 is it perhaps the power supply that doesn't have extra power connectors?

If that's the case then you could use a Molex to SATA adapter if there are Molex connectors on it.

There's of course also the option to get a USB to SATA adapter to connect both at the same time that way.

Reactions: AbrahamLincon
May 16, 2024
The motherboard certainly has more than one SATA port as even the smallest version has 2 is it perhaps the power supply that doesn't have extra power connectors?

If that's the case then you could use a Molex to SATA adapter if there are Molex connectors on it.

There's of course also the option to get a USB to SATA adapter to connect both at the same time that way.
I thought you needed more voltage then a usb port. Thank you