[SOLVED] How to transfer files from nvme to ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo Tech

Reputable
Apr 24, 2017
I recently bought a new ssd and I am trying to transfer all my files from nvme to ssd. How do I do this properly without messing any of my files up? Can I simply cut and paste my files from the nvme drive to my ssd drive?

USAFRet

Titan
I recently bought a new ssd and I am trying to transfer all my files from nvme to ssd. How do I do this properly without messing any of my files up? Can I simply cut and paste my files from the nvme drive to my ssd drive?
Give us some more detail on exactly what you're trying to do.
As much detail as you can.

What specific drives, what data is on them, etc, etc.

Evo Tech

Reputable
Apr 24, 2017
I have a samsung 970 Evo nvme m.2 ssd 240 gb and a kingston 240 gb. I'm trying to transfer all of my window files from my nvme drive to my ssd so that I could primarily store games in my nvme drive and store everything else such as window files, amd software, microsoft visuals, etc. in my kingston ssd. (Use kingston ssd as storage for windows file and nvme ssd for game files)

Apr 7, 2023
i got the same question but sadly it was not answered. i do want to transfer my OS windows 11 from m.2 to ssd sata because i need the slot for my egpu interface cable. my ssd sata holds just my files and games and there are no partition at the moment. m.2 is 128G and 1T for the ssd sata

Status
Not open for further replies.