[SOLVED] How to undervolt AMD Ryzen 7 4800H?

Aug 17, 2021
Hi all! I wanted to ask if anyone knew a good way (besides BIOS) to undervolt a Ryzen 7 4800H. I am undervolting for the sake of battery life, as it is on a laptop. More specifically, the laptop is a HP Omen 15-en0xxx. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Solution
Not sure about ryzen 4000x but on ryzen 5000x you can set PBO 2.0 to "negative" values which lower the power draw and increases the frequency/speed. yes more performance with lower voltage.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
Not sure about ryzen 4000x but on ryzen 5000x you can set PBO 2.0 to "negative" values which lower the power draw and increases the frequency/speed. yes more performance with lower voltage.

Solution
Sep 1, 2023
All of us tryed unsuccesfully to undervolt, or underclocking cpu , specially for laptop for solve freeze , or blue death screen . Unsuccesfully ? right ? all of us tryed to clean cpu and gpu fun and apply newer thermal paste, with only 5°C less and nothing solved. Probably we did it not so well, but, i'm sure 9 / 10 of us not succesfully.
I tryed another solution , and it worked.
Windows, Control Panel , Energy Option , Modify energy combination ( before the best with energy connected, after the battery) , change advanced , Cpu energy saving, then , change maximum CPU level, try 50% first. if you launch app like speecy or hw monitor, you will see temperature will be under 70°. Unfortunaly you will have a pc with half performance , BUT WORKING . Not to put into waste.
I Hope i helped better then other solutions .