Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
I wasn't sure where to post this thread, I couldn't find a category that fit. Anyway, I wanted to know the easiest and fastest way to share pics on Toms. I uploaded some to imgur and then when I tried to post them in a thread I was creating, it just kept telling me an error has occured. Contact an administrator. What to do?

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
what he said.

Its not an attack on you, its just how it is.
I was going to say, I am always polite and courteous to everyone on here. I have limited experience navigating Tomshardware, as you can see I only have a few dozen posts on this forum. I wasn't sure how mark anything as an answer, and I didn't know when posting a pic the link HAD to end in a image extension. Sorry for the redundant post, I know others have asked this before.

No, it was definitely not a slight on you. It's just that WE all know that MOST users don't ever read the stickies and a lot of answers to questions can be easily found by doing so. But he wasn't specifically referring to you when he said that. And regardless, there are some people who just plain don't even know what stickies are, so it's almost irrelevant when they don't read them. The forum is here for people to ask questions and if somebody wants to ask a question, whether there are solutions to it in the stickies or not, that's what we all volunteer to do is answer them so it's never a problem if you need to ask.

Reactions: KnightsCross

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry, we didn't mean to imply it was you who didn't read stickies.

actually, there are more than 2 ways to link imgur links. (but many of the variants are just formatting)

yQU9Er7.jpg

if you click the Image link button on this page above, and then copy paste the link into the Insert, media option in photo below,
VzhAlKA.jpg

it will show as:

whereas if you copy the second link and then do what darkbreeze suggests, it appears as
2YSmewE.jpg

forums just like to be tricky

All web supported image formats will work, so long as they are permissible at the image hosting site like imgur.com, etc. Since nothing can be locally hosted through the forum, that is where the requirements lay. Primarily, .jpg, .png, .bmp, and lately some google-centric formats. But if the hosting site allows the format, should work.

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
No, it was definitely not a slight on you. It's just that WE all know that MOST users don't ever read the stickies and a lot of answers to questions can be easily found by doing so. But he wasn't specifically referring to you when he said that. And regardless, there are some people who just plain don't even know what stickies are, so it's almost irrelevant when they don't read them. The forum is here for people to ask questions and if somebody wants to ask a question, whether there are solutions to it in the stickies or not, that's what we all volunteer to do is answer them so it's never a problem if you need to ask.
to be fair, I'm not even sure what stickies are. If I had to guess, it's the sort of footnote thing below every comment you make?

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
And also, thank you for the kind words and underatanding.

Stickies are important posts or threads that are at the top of each sub-forum. They are generally topics that are relevant to a large number of users and may answer many questions for many people without having to ask them, or create a new thread to address your problem. It's kind of like a sub-forums specific guide to the most commonly asked questions. But most users don't bother to read them, they just go straight to asking questions because they are "sure" that "their" particular problem has never been seen before. Which is usually wrong. But again, it's always ok to ask regardless.

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
Stickies are important posts or threads that are at the top of each sub-forum. They are generally topics that are relevant to a large number of users and may answer many questions for many people without having to ask them, or create a new thread to address your problem. It's kind of like a sub-forums specific guide to the most commonly asked questions. But most users don't bother to read them, they just go straight to asking questions because they are "sure" that "their" particular problem has never been seen before. Which is usually wrong. But again, it's always ok to ask regardless.
Ok I cant locate the stickies on this page. Where exactly are they located?

KnightsCross

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2015
It's on the top of this page itself. Just BEFORE the normal threads start. For this particular sub-forum section, i.e. "Forum Rules & Feedback" look here under the STICKY THREADS section.

85177731b54c7fb6eb425a0385830472d01a05f481db722cff51229a7fd93838eb050394.jpg
I appreciate you taking the time to help me out but, are you using a app or mobile version? I am on a desktop and what I have going on looks very dissimilar to yours.

EDIT: Ok, after like a solid half hour, I found it. Thanks for the help all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS