How to use a Mac USB keyboard on a PC?

G

Hello, everyone:

I've been a Mac user for years, but I'm building an Athlon XP-based machine right now because I like the flexibility of being cross-platform.

However, I don't want to shell out more money than I have to, so I was wondering if the extended USB keyboard from my G4 tower would work on a PC?

I do realize that the Mac has three keys labeled differently from a PC keyboard -- control, option and open apple. I was hoping those three keys would just be recognized as whatever their counterparts are in Windows when plugged into a PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Didier

FatBurger

Illustrious
I've been told it will work, but your system might not boot up without a keyboard in the PS/2 socket.

Why are you worried about paying $10 for another keyboard?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Thanks for your input.

Regarding your question about the $10 keyboard. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm cheap, but $10 here, $10 there ... It all adds up. And I'd rather save that to get a better CPU or graphic card.

In any case, I already have a working USB keyboard and mouse for my Mac, so it seemed silly to have to buy another combo for a computer that will be sitting on the same desk. Besides, I'm trying to avoid the clutter of cords. With the USB solution, I can just plug the keyboard from one to the other.

Thanks again for confirming that this will work.

Have a nice day.