How to Use Chrome Remote Desktop on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethalsam

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Installed Microsoft's remote desktop client and spent like 6+ hours, still could NOT get it to work from Android.
Installed Google's Chrome remote desktop client and spent like 5 minutes in total, got it to work from Android.
explains where both of these companies are headed.

alz_solstice

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
I tried this one, and there's something annoying.

You need 1 Google Account to share and view remote desktop, maybe I haven't tried to view other desktop using their Google Account.

Windows XP and Vista have a Shortcut key button when you click the Tab (+) Button while in 7 and 8, you need to open the Website to click the Launch app.

The good thing here is, you don't need to put some IP Address not like the Windows Remote Desktop. You only need a Google Account. Lethalsam is right, Microsoft's remote desktop is hard configure while Google on the other hand is just so easy to configure. Just click the profile you want to view and you can see the desktop.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
You could always do this, remote desktop has been available on Android since the Motorola Milestone and it has worked more or less flawlessly. Perhaps you mean the first Google made solution? I use Splashtop all the time still.

Hunt4Epic

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
I use VNC through my VPN and it works great on almost anything to almost anything. This definitely looks more user friendly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS