[SOLVED] How to use oculus link on PC with outdated motherboard?

AsteriskRin

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
My PC has old motherboard which is h61. It has no USB 3.0. But, it has RX 570 graphic card. It also has outdated CPU: i5 3570. Its RAM is 2x8GB DDR3. Can I run oculus link with Oculus Quest 2 in this PC? If yes, how to do that?

Please help me

Solution
The best way to do this is get a pci-e usb expansion card.
Basically a card that slots into your motherboard like your gpu, and instead of display, it adds USB ports. You would need one that is USB 3 for optimal results.

Though I have heard you can use USB 2.0, it's just not as sharp and smooth.
These USB cards are not expensive (shouldn't be more than a few dollars.), so I think it's worth it.
Basically a card that slots into your motherboard like your gpu, and instead of display, it adds USB ports. You would need one that is USB 3 for optimal results.

These USB cards are not expensive (shouldn't be more than a few dollars.), so I think it's worth it.

Reactions: AsteriskRin
Solution

AsteriskRin

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021

Thanks! I was thinking of using AirLink by using 5Ghz pci-e wifi. Is it better than using USB 3.0 pci-e expansion card?