Discussion How to visually improve this setup?

Hi,first off all sorry if i posted this in the wrong section,really couldnt find appropriate section.
Ok now onto the main thing,i personally think i've done a decent job with cable managing and routing and positioning everything in my setup,but im always open for other ideas from you guys.
Here is what im working with:
- Picture
only need advice on the thing that are on the table and around it.
Mainly i need ideas on how/where to put my power strip.
I've already thought about the idea of screwing it under the table,but i dont think that would look good since my table is open,if that makes sense. (its not placed by the wall if that explains it).
Also im open on cable management ideas,especially the headphone cable,since its the only cable loose in my whole setup.
I already order a gaming mouse,i plan to buy a monitor arm to get rid of the stand that is taking up 40% of the mouse pad xD,also if you are wondering why my mouse is so far away from the chair,its because i have long arms.
I havent decided on what keybaord exactly i want,but mainly a full size mechanical,i already posted a thread,so feel free to recommend me some.
And that is it for the setup part,ill do a separate one for the pc (although i already posted a thread about it,here).
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Thx in advance.

You already did the job above table. Now buy a pack of velcro strips like these in required length and tie cables to table leg. For even better aesthetics find power cable extension cord with switch in same color as table an bolt it under table. Then all power connectors will become mostly invisible. Problem solved. I managed my cabling exactly in this way. Only extension cord and Ethernet cables stick out from table to wall.

Alternative/extra solution is cable boxes made exactly to hide ugly cables.

You already did the job above table. Now buy a pack of velcro strips like these in required length and tie cables to table leg. For even better aesthetics find power cable extension cord with switch in same color as table an bolt it under table. Then all power connectors will become mostly invisible. Problem solved. I managed my cabling exactly in this way. Only extension cord and Ethernet cables stick out from table to wall.

Alternative/extra solution is cable boxes made exactly to hide ugly cables.
Thx,i will order those velcro stras.
Im also plannkng to get rid of that big lamp.Ill buy a small one that attaches to the wall,and it will open up more space for both cable managing and on the table.Thx for suggestions

My uncle gave it to me but i spilled water on it and then used a different one,today i wanted to test it and its working perfectly fine.

I spilled a glass with orange juice inside mine MK300 once. Those stickyy-y-y-y-y keys... disassembled and washed under shower with warm water with circuit taken aside. Still working - all keys are functional and nothing stick anymore.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's ways, and there's ways. It all depends on what look you are after and what you are willing and able to do.

My old desk I cut a 2⅛" hole behind the monitor. I used a electrical 2" PVC Panel Adapter (it's a sleeve that's got a rounded lip on one end) stuck in the hole and all my cables went into it. Has to be that big to accept the plugs. Kb, mouse, power, everything went there. Used velcro strapping to hold the cables to the underside, then towards the corner of the desk.

Took a short length of 2" PVC and cut a slot ¼" wide almost the full length. Painted black, then velcro to the desk leg. Slide the wires in and staggered to match the plugs in the power strip or wrap around the rear of the leg and into the back of the pc.

How you make something look is entirely on your creativity, but nobody can decide for you if something is good enough, or needs more.

Reactions: AlexTheFern
There's ways, and there's ways. It all depends on what look you are after and what you are willing and able to do.

My old desk I cut a 2⅛" hole behind the monitor. I used a electrical 2" PVC Panel Adapter (it's a sleeve that's got a rounded lip on one end) stuck in the hole and all my cables went into it. Has to be that big to accept the plugs. Kb, mouse, power, everything went there. Used velcro strapping to hold the cables to the underside, then towards the corner of the desk.

Took a short length of 2" PVC and cut a slot ¼" wide almost the full length. Painted black, then velcro to the desk leg. Slide the wires in and staggered to match the plugs in the power strip or wrap around the rear of the leg and into the back of the pc.

How you make something look is entirely on your creativity, but nobody can decide for you if something is good enough, or needs more.
My next mission is to grab a monitor arm,to be more specific this one https://gigatron.rs/nosaci-i-police/alpha-nosac-za-monitor-desk-mount-377609
After im done with that,i think im going tk save up for a full size mechanical keyboard,havent decided on which one yet.
One thing im going to have to do is to paint over little stains on the wall of my keyboard.I will be buying those velcro strap when i find some in my city,since i know i can find the somewhere.
Also,should i route my vga cable and power cable on the monitor arm using its velcro strap or?
Thanks for the suggestions

I would be careful with any 3rd party monitor arms like you mentioned. They are fine for info monitors. But for primary desktop monitor your mentioned arm lack tilting around horizontal axis. It may become very uncomfortable (and unhealthy) to keep your neck bent upwards for several hours straight.

You can tie monitor cables to monitor stand too if that does look good for you. Even better if your monitor allow to hide cables inside stand (my VG27AQL1A does allow that).

Reactions: Dj0gany

RAIDGoblin

Reputable
Jan 10, 2021
I'm working on the same problem with my setup at the moment, Keyboard to high, monitor to low, cables everywhere etc... If it's any help, the best solution for cables that I've found so far is to hang a piece of metal U section on two bolts under the back of the bench, then put all the cables inside it, use Velcro straps everywhere else

Reactions: Dj0gany
I would be careful with any 3rd party monitor arms like you mentioned. They are fine for info monitors. But for primary desktop monitor your mentioned arm lack tilting around horizontal axis. It may become very uncomfortable (and unhealthy) to keep your neck bent upwards for several hours straight.

You can tie monitor cables to monitor stand too if that does look good for you. Even better if your monitor allow to hide cables inside stand (my VG27AQL1A does allow that).
Thx for that ill take a closer look at what im going to get,might post here or make a separate thread about it.

I'm working on the same problem with my setup at the moment, Keyboard to high, monitor to low, cables everywhere etc... If it's any help, the best solution for cables that I've found so far is to hang a piece of metal U section on two bolts under the back of the bench, then put all the cables inside it, use Velcro straps everywhere else
I think im good without that,thx for the suggestion though