[SOLVED] How would you move a HDD with windows installed into a PC with windows already installed?

isaacokesene.ea

Prominent
Jan 28, 2019
I built a new PC recently and already have windows and my required programs installed but I have a HDD from an old PC that I would like to install into my new PC.

The old HDD already has a windows OS installed and I was wondering if that would conflict at all with my SSD which already has windows.

How would one go about installing said hard drive. (Im not worried about losing the data on the HDD I just dont want it messing up the ssd)

Solution
plug it in and boot the system. the important part is to check the boot order and make sure that the SSD is booting. once the system boots to the SSD you can do whatever you want to the HDD.

plug it into the motherboard and turn it on. if the system tries to boot to the HDD, check the Boot order in the BIOS.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
plug it in and boot the system. the important part is to check the boot order and make sure that the SSD is booting. once the system boots to the SSD you can do whatever you want to the HDD.

plug it into the motherboard and turn it on. if the system tries to boot to the HDD, check the Boot order in the BIOS.

Solution