[SOLVED] HP 280 Motherboard power button issue

May 24, 2020
Complete newbie here, so bare with me!

I done a case switch for a HP 280 G2 SFF into the case of a HP 280 G1 MT, (the reason being is the G3 SFF is i5 and actually decent enough for a fairly good gaming pc, but the case is too small for my graphics card, and the G3 is just a naff i3 that was lying around the office so wanted to salvage the case)

Problem i am having is that everything is up and running perfectly...BUT the case is open and i have to stick my finger in to power it up as the G2 motherboard has a power button soldered on (as well as all the other front panel bits as seen in the picture below, and there is no FPANEL connector on the motherboard for me to work around this.

https://freeimage.host/i/unnamed.JX8BNn

Would really appreciate some help on solving this! thanks in advance!

Solution
Solder the wires to the switch connections. its a switch, it only has 2 pins and when you press it it shorts the two out. Locate the two pads where the switch gets soldered too and you can tack solder the FP switch wires right to them. Order doesn't matter, its a switch and just puts a short between them.

popatim

Titan
Solder the wires to the switch connections. its a switch, it only has 2 pins and when you press it it shorts the two out. Locate the two pads where the switch gets soldered too and you can tack solder the FP switch wires right to them. Order doesn't matter, its a switch and just puts a short between them.

Solution