HP 6L Printer out of paper error

Status
Not open for further replies.

castle

Hello.

I recently installed XP Pro, with all updates and patches done.

My printer a HP 6L Laser printer works for the first 5 minutes or so.
Then it displays a "OUT OF PAPER" message despite the fact that there
is paper inside.

(No, its not overfilled - I only place one sheet inside due to a
feeding hardware problem)

However once I reboot the computer - it prints the document. Then
after five minutes it will refuse to print any more documents.

I have a P4 3.0 Prescott system with 1Gig of RAM, and a 40G Western
Digital HD that is 20% full.

(My system is virus free and works lighting fast)

Cheers,

Castle

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Your system's printer interface might be just a tad to fast for an older
printer. I'd try setting the parallel port (if thats what you use) to SPP
mode in BIOS. Windows should then see the change and load/configure the port
driver accordingly.
There are some other possible cures, so if the SPP mode doesn't solve the
problem, come back!